Sunday, May 11, 2008

Sturgis...day seven

It's sunny today and warm. We went from a walk to the grocery store in coats and hats and gloves (yesterday) to a picnic in shorts and teeshirts and flip-flops(today). Wild weather. I'm waiting for the homecoming of mom and aunt Karen. I'm needing some adult company. Kids are fun but I need some intelligent conversation now. And the small-talk with strangers is getting old too. I also realized that I am definitely a "city girl". The scenery is nice but this small town is...well...small. I miss the city. After only 7 days...

I drive along here and think about traveling West in the old days in a covered wagon. This place makes you think of the US history from 5th grade. Indians, buffalo, covered wagons... all that.

I love Washington! :)

No comments: