Monday, August 9, 2010

today I sat...

...while I should've been packing. I sat drinking a smoothie I made from berries and beet greens and carrots, eating a きな粉棒 (kinako-bo), and reflecting on an email grandma sent dad (that happened to lay printed on the counter. I was not snooping). The email had a quote from Richard Wurmbrand, a pastor and courageous man of faith. He said "a disciple of Christ should not deliver monologues in prayer, but should expect to receive answers to his questions." I know I have received many an answer to my questions. But I realize I am often too quick to make prayer into a monologue. How often do I speak to God and move on before taking the time to let Him speak to me. I want to change that. I want to quiet my heart enough to let God speak to me as often as I speak to Him. He probably is speaking, I just get too busy and noisy that I do not take the time to listen.

He spoke to me often in Japan this last month. He led me and guided me and spoke to me so clearly in my heart that I could've almost thought it was audible. When one is walking so close to God and is so filled with the presence of Jesus, His voice is a pleasure and a daily treat.

The smoothie was very good by the way.
steam some carrots and beet greens and kale
blend with berries, ice, soy milk, and some juice from an orange.
enjoy with or without a きな粉棒!

No comments: